Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bless my new studio

West wall
Renovations to my new painting studio and classroom space are 95% completed. My deep appreciation to my dear husband, Bill, and sons (Russ & Matt) for doing the work. It is a dream space for me. The advantage of playing and exploring media over the past 19 years is that I know what I NEED to work. Lots of flat working space, loads of storage for supplies, good lighting, place for my books, music, sewing area,  flat files within reach, water source nearby, and most of all......easy to keep clean and organized.

Sharing photos of my haven gives only a glimpse of what this space looks like. But it is far more satisfying to actually BE in this space. Everyone is invited to come and wallow in what I hope will be a den of inspiration.

North wall
East wall Library and administrative area
East wall with sewing area and flat files I hope to keep from cluttering!
There are still a few things that need to be done before calligraphy classes begin on March 1. But I'm testing the space to make sure things are efficiently stored away ready for me to pull when I need them.

Before Studio Arts I would spend every January hibernating, reflecting, regenerating, and incubating plans for the year. I have the luxury of enjoying January & February emptying my well so I can begin to fill it again. I found this haiku circa 2001 that rekindles the reason why winter is a time for hibernation.


3 comments:

  1. It looks amazing, Anne! Congratulations on your new den! I can't believe you got your family to set up yet another space for you. :) I so wish I could be a part of your new season there. I know it would have filled a special place in my life. May God bless this new space and let it be a place of inspiration for you and your very lucky students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne I met you many years ago through my brother Gary Kirk. Do you remember?...I'm sure you remember him. Just by chance found your blog! So glad I did. Let the creativity begin in your new space!
    ~Glenda~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessing for a New Beginning

    In out-of-the-way places of the heart,
    Where your thoughts never think to wander,
    This beginning has been quietly forming,
    Waiting until you were ready to emerge.

    For a long time it has watched your desire,
    Feeling the emptiness growing inside you,
    Noticing how you willed yourself on,
    Still unable to leave what you had outgrown.

    It watched you play with the seduction of safety
    And the gray promised that sameness whispered,
    Heard the waves of turmoil rise and relent,
    Wondered would you always live like this.

    Then the delight, when your courage kindled,
    And out you stepped onto new ground,
    Your eyes young again with energy and dream,
    A path of plenitude opening before you.

    Though your destination is not yet clear
    You can trust the promise of this opening;
    Unfurl yourself into the grace of beginning
    That is at one with your life's desire.

    Awaken your spirit to adventure;
    Hold nothing back, learn to find ease in risk;
    Soon you will be home in a new rhythm,
    For your soul sensed the world that awaits you.

    John O'Donohue
    To Bless the Space between Us:
    A Book of Blessings


    Blessings to you, at home in your new rhythm. ♥

    ReplyDelete